Banana Republic + Mad Men = Mad Genius

     The day that Mad Men became available on NetFlix was a big day in my books. Not only is Jon Hamm dreamy, the entire ensemble is AMAZING. The authenticity and visual style that Janie Bryant incorporates (Mad Men's costume designer) is out of this world.  I dream of raiding the wardrobe department and playing dress up in all of Betty Draper's beautiful full skirted dresses.  So as you can imagine I was beyond thrilled when I heard that Banana Republic and Janie Bryant were collaborating to create a Mad Men Inspired Collection.

The women’s collection features trench coats, high-waisted skirts, 60s-style dresses and leopard print pumps, while the men’s collection includes everything from suits and pocket squares to money clips and knitted sweaters. I'm so lucky that my guy is such a sharp dresser, he wants to channel Don Draper and I think I'm a mix between Betty Draper and Joan Holloway. Can't wait to snag some pieces from this collection. If you haven't jumped on the Mad Men bandwagon yet I suggest you do so A.S.A.P. and start from the beggining because believe me, you will be hooked! Stay tuned for a future post on the Mad Men pieces I opted for from Banana Republic, definitely have my eye on more than a handful. Until then get ready for some major Mad Men overload . . .



Sneak Peek of the Collection avab. at Banana Republic August 11th . . .

6 sweet notes:

Ashley said...

i have not seen mad men but i really should. i've heard it' so good and it's what i do for a living! But i'm with you...i ADORE the fashions of the 60s and 70s!

Emma said...

Love, love LOVE Madmen! My favourite is Joan x

Following you now...come take a look at my blog if you fancy x

http://throughthelookingglass100.blogspot.com/

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

such a great collection! xo

Natalie said...

So excited that BR is doing this collection, I love everything about Madmen! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, yours is so cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle Loreto said...

I have to watch this show, it looks so inspirational!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Belen said...

I have yet to watch Mad Men! It's on my list of new TV shows to watch. I absolutely LOVE the style and John Hamm. J.Crew always has the best collections too!

Post a Comment